As you are aware, we are all facing unprecedented and challenging times. Our aim at O’Connors is to keep operating our business so we can support you to keep your business running. We are acutely aware that many of you have either started sowing or are preparing to start and we are taking all precautions in our business to ensure we can support you throughout this important farming period.
It is business as usual at O’Connors although ’usual’ is not so usual and we are responding to the everchanging environment that is COVID-19, a very fluid situation. We have a sound risk management strategy and are being very nimble in our decision making as each day presents a new challenge.
We are monitoring the situation closely and we are following the guidelines of State and Federal Governments and Health authorities.
We have taken the following risk management actions to reduce the risk of infection and spread of the Coronavirus to assist us to keep all our dealerships open and operating. These actions were put in place last Monday, March 16, 2020.
- Suspension of staff interbranch travel
- Suspension of all face to face meetings
- Postponement of customer, industry and staff events
- Social distancing – strict adherence to this. 1.5 mt distance between people at all times.
- Limit person to person contact – staff will be utilising phone and electronic means of communication to connect with customers for product, parts and service enquiries.
- Freight drop off and pick up designated areas for staff and customers as required– please call ahead if you know what you require, so we can have it ready for you on arrival.
- No customer access to workshops as per existing OH&S protocols
- Sales Team Members when required will arrange to meet with you offsite and will practice social distancing and hygiene rules.
- Service Technicians will continue to service your equipment on farm. Please allow them to carry out their work whilst maintaining the 1.5 metre social distancing rule.
- Please note – Given the confined nature of machinery cabs we are not permitting our staff to be in the cab with anyone including customers or other staff members. They must be alone, adhering to our strict one person only in confined space rule. We ask that you please respect this.
- If you have travelled overseas, are feeling unwell or have been exposed to COVID-19 we ask that you please do not come to the dealership but communicate with us via phone or email.
We appreciate your understanding of the measures we have put in place and also ask you to be mindful of the social distancing adherence if you are coming into a dealership.
We want to reassure you that although our business practices might look a bit different to how they usually look, and we won’t be rushing to shake your hand, we are open and operating and we will be supporting you as always.